ISA FORUM OF SOCIOLOGY
February 23-27, 2021
Deadline for submission of abstracts (max. 300 words) is November 12, 2020, 24:00 GMT
Because of the ongoing pandemic, the ISA Forum of Sociology is going digital. The ISA Research Committee on Clinical Sociology (RC46) has re-opened calls for abstracts and invites you to submit. The ISA Forum of Sociology of the International Sociological Association offers a unique forum to discuss current developments with a global scholarship.
Access RC46 session descriptions through the following link:
The session time slots provided on this link are preliminary and will be adjusted once abstract submissions are complete to accommodate different time zones.
Submit your abstract to RC46 via the submission system: https://isaconf.confex.com/isaconf/forum2020/cfp.cgi
Information about the Forum can be found at the following link:
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the RC46 Program Coordinator Tina Uys (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Important issues regarding the ISA Forum
1. The ISA Executive Committee has decided that the IV ISA Forum of Sociology will be held online, starting on February 23, 2021.
2. Registration fees: Despite the increased costs involved, the ISA decided to reduce the registration fees by 50%, while maintaining the possibility of paying the full amount as a contribution to a solidarity fund to enable sociologists experiencing hardship to participate.
3. All activities that have been prepared will be maintained, and the abstracts selected for the Forum initially planned in July 2020 remain valid for the Online Forum to be held in February 2021. Presenters of accepted abstracts need to confirm their participation by October 15, 2020.
4. Between October 26 – November 12, 2020, the ConFex platform will be open for new abstracts.
5. November 12 2020: Deadline for new abstract submissions
6. December 15 2020: Presenters final registration deadline
Detailed information regarding deadlines for ISA Forum
The deadlines for arrangements for the conference are as follows. Please note especially the dates highlighted in red.
End of September to October 15:
- A message will soon be sent by the ISA to all the authors of selected abstracts inviting them to confirm their participation to the Forum and informing them about the possibility to update their abstract and title in the congress platform, in consultation with their session organizers or RC program coordinators, before October 15, 2020.
- Session Organizers and Program Coordinators are encouraged to contact the participants and to ask them to confirm their participation before October 15, 2020.
- Session Organizers and Program Coordinators will be granted access to the online platform (ConFex). Based on information about already cancelled presentations, they may upgrade “distributed papers” and papers presented at a roundtable to “oral presentation” in a regular panel. Session Organizers and Program Coordinator shall inform the concerned participants about the new status of their paper and ask them to confirm their participation in the Forum.
- RCs new calls for abstracts may start circulating during this period.
October 15 2020: Final day to confirm participation by authors of the already accepted abstracts. The abstracts that have not been confirmed by this date will be automatically deleted from the program.
Authors of confirmed abstracts have until December 15 to register at the “early registration rate”.
16 – 25 October 2020
- Based on the updated program, Session Organizers and Program Coordinators may reorganize panels, move some participants from one session to another and merge two sessions in order to open a new panel.
- Distributed papers or roundtable presentations may be upgrade to oral presentations during this period too.
- The ISA secretariat and the RC/WG/TG publish and circulate the calls for new abstracts. 5 ISA VP Research Letter # April 4 2020
October 26 – November 12 2020: Submission of new abstracts
The ConFex platform will be open for new abstracts.
- Authors may indicate in which session of the RC/WG/TG their proposal would better fit. – The new abstracts proposals will be submitted to a single “bucket” session for each RC. (i.e. all the new proposals will be sent to the same session. Program coordinators will then allocate them to specific sessions).
- Organizers of sessions with several withdrawals are encouraged to advertise their session and to invite colleagues who work on the session’s topic to submit abstracts.
- Invitations may be issued to speakers for Common Sessions and Semi-plenary Sessions to replace speakers who will not be able to attend the Forum.
- Program Coordinators should encourage presenters to pay registration fees before November 15, 2020 in order to have more clarity about sessions’ programs.
November 12 2020: Deadline for new abstract submissions
13 – 17 November 2020: Selection of the new abstracts by Session Organizers and Program Coordinators
18 – 22 November 2020: Program Coordinators re-arrange sessions based on the selected abstracts.
November 24 2020: Authors and co-authors are notified about the acceptance or rejection of their abstracts
December 15 2020: Presenters final registration deadline
Early registration fees will apply. Confex sends out the last reminder to register. Presenters who have failed to register will be automatically deleted from the program.
December 18 2020 – January 8 2021: Final modifications
- Session Organizers modify sessions based on withdrawal of non-registered presenters.
- Chairs and discussants are assigned from among the registered participants.
- Program Coordinators complete sessions’ schedule according to the conference timetable.
In case the type of an individual’s presentation is changed, or if a presentation is transferred to a different session, Confex will send notifications to authors with final session and presentation details after December 15, 2020.
January 27 2021: Online program published